Senior Account Executive
McGuffin has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Account Executive with a passion for strategy and client interaction. In this role you’ll join our team responsible for producing a large volume of work for a high-profile financial services client, with the likely possibility of working with other client teams.
This role is responsible for understanding the clients challenges, needs and requests and distilling a large volume of input and data so that our creative team can effectively produce solutions for the client. The Senior AE understands and stays current about the client's business and competitors. All McGuffin Account Executives are expected to maintain an understanding of consumer insights, trends and knowledge of "what works.”
Business development is key to this position, both in identifying opportunities with existing clients, and also working with the Director of Client Services and Director of Client Growth and Engagement on pitches to new clients.
- Five+ years of Account Management experience with marketing agency serving financial services clients
- Experience in not just maintaining, but growing client business
- Managing and controlling creative workflow processes; involvement in all aspects of the creative project life cycle from strategy to estimating to concept to delivery
- Proficiency working in Microsoft suite, Workfront, Basecamp and Instagantt or other other project management programs to maintain schedules, communicate priorities and monitor budgets and details
- Working in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
Client Relationship Management
- Builds strong working relationships with client team members to become a trusted resource and advisor
- Understands client’s internal organization/structure
- Helps clients develop more effective strategies
- Manages client expectations and ensures their satisfaction
- Thinks strategically and presents McGuffin’s point-of-view to client
- Identifies and secures additional business development opportunities
- Reviews and understands all content provided by client to produce creative briefs and help facilitate informed conversations
- Presents all work to client (with creative team lead)
- Manages client feedback and negotiates on behalf of agency as necessary
- Prepares estimates and budgets for projects and/or campaigns; helps guide team to stay on budget; revises budgets and gains client approval as needed
- Works with the McGuffin financial team to create and execute invoices for projects
Internal Team Management
- Working with a McGuffin Creative Director, identifies resources to execute projects/campaigns
- Manages external & internal communication/documentation with team, client and vendors; ensure all are informed of status and next steps; includes regular use of emails, Zoom and Microsoft Teams calls and Basecamp
- Supports internal teams, discuss issues and conflicts, identify and address potential concerns, ensure accuracy of team resources, schedule and budget; seek solutions
- Organizes and conducts kick-offs and team briefings, including providing all needed background information and research
- Reviews creative to ensure adherence to client goals and objectives
Project management (on additional clients and projects without PM support)
- Establishes and tracks project budget and scope
- Creates scope and timeline for each project/campaign, works with team to get alignment, and shares with client for approval
- Schedules intake and review meetings with all client stakeholders per schedule
- Maintains up-to-date server organization/asset management during creative development; receive and organize all content provided by editor and client creative team members (photographers, creative directors)
- Schedules and attends internal meetings related to creative development (creative briefing, creative reviews, full team reviews, etc.)
- Strategic thinker, comfortable with ideating and facilitating conversations with financial services clients
- Client service orientation
- Strong negotiating and consensus building skills
- Highly organized with great attention to detail
- Proactive, comfortable working independently
- Ability to manage multiple priorities/tasks
- Experience working with creative team members (including copy/content/writers), vendors and clients at varying levels of seniority
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Alignment with McGuffin core values
McGuffin operates 100% remotely, meaning this is a fully remote position. You should be comfortable working from home and must be available M-F during clients’ business hours. Occasionally, this position may require travel to client’s locations and McGuffin staff events in Chicago (two per year).
McGuffin will provide all necessary technology for a remote work set-up — bring your own wifi.
For full-time employees, McGuffin offers:
- Healthcare insurance (medical, vision and dental, short and long-term-disability, term life insurance)
- Parental leave after one year of service: 12 weeks fully paid for birthing parents, 6 weeks fully paid for non-birthing or adoptive parents
- 401(k) program after one year of service with company match
- Monthly communications allowance (cell phone and wifi)
- A one-time home office allowance — to be applied toward a desk, chair, beanbag, lava lamp, etc
- Pet insurance
- Year-round, every other Friday off by working these extended hours. Operating hours are M-F 7:30am - 5:30 CT.
McGuffin Creative Group is a full-service marketing and advertising agency with a smart approach to solving complex communications challenges. We help financial, insurance and healthcare organizations empower people to make better decisions around the pivotal moments in their lives.
McGuffin is headquartered in Chicago, IL. More about us.